If you’re looking for a filling, protein-packed meal that won’t make you groggy during long streaming or tournament days, give this tuna salad a try. All of the ingredients stay crisp, making this a great meal prep option for a week of lunches or post-workout meals. You can easily double or triple this recipe. It should keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
- 2 large cans of solid white albacore
- 1 cup (128g) of diced celery
- 1/2 cup (64g) diced bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
- 1/2 cup (64g) diced red onion
- 1-2 jalapeños or Fresno chilis, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons (about 14g) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (64g) fresh lime juice - pro tip: also use the zest of the limes for better flavor
- 4 tablespoons (about 56g) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 tablespoons (about 14g) cilantro, 1/2 cup (64g) cucumber
If you're making this for meal prep, don't add the optional ingredients. They won't hold up over the course of a week.
Serve with shredded lettuce, shredded red cabbage, tortilla chips, avocado, or with your favorite salsa.