This is a simple meal prep recipe that just uses ground chicken, garlic, a few spices and a little cheese. You can either use steamed rice or cauliflower rice depending on if you're getting carbs in your meal plan.
Ingredients (for the meatballs)
- 1 lb ground chicken (feel free to swap the chicken for turkey)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
Ingredients (for the sauce)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Combine the chicken (or turkey), garlic, cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and parsley in a bowl. Mix it with your hands and form mixture into balls about the same size as a golf ball. Place them on a plate and set aside.
- Melt your 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 8-10 minutes, ensuring they're browned on all sides. As the meatballs cook, remember to baste with the butter. Place the cooked meatballs on a fresh plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and combine with lemon juice, hot sauce, and chicken stock over medium heat. Reduce for 3-5 minutes; you just want the sauce to reduce a bit.
- Put 1/2 cup of steamed or cauliflower rice into each of your four meal prep containers, add a portion of meat balls and drizzle each with sauce. You can also top this with more parsley and a a lemon or lime wedge.
- To reheat, microwave for 90 seconds-2 minutes on high.